SubjectRe: [RFC] Scheduler queue implementation ...
> > of non cpu hog processes running. A lot of messaging systems have high task
> > switch rates but very few cpu hogs. So you still need to handle the non hogs
> > carefully to avoid degenerating back into Linus scheduler.
>
> In my experience, if you've I/O bound tasks that lead to a long run queue,
> that means that you're suffering major kernel latency problems ( other than the
> scheduler ).

I don't see any evidence of it in the profiles. Its just that a lot of stuff
gets passed around between multiple daemons. You can see similar things
in something as mundane as a 4 task long pipe, a user mode file system or
some X11 clients.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:14    [W:0.047 / U:7.480 seconds]