SubjectRe: ARP shows client is given wrong MAC Address for system with 2 NICs

[SNIPPED...]
There is an ARP cache, always has been, always will be. This is so
an ARP (Address Resolution Protocol) probe doesn't have to occur for
every data transmission. It is presumed that an IP address, including
your own, won't jump around from device-to-device.

You are moving your IP address to another device (MAC address). What
do you expect?

You can delete the old entries from your ARP cache, but it has to
be done for every system that would be affected or you can just wait
for the ARP cache entry to expire.

/sbin/arp -d ipaddress

Cheers,
Dick Johnson

was handled in the BIOS, I found that there aren't any.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:13    [W:0.098 / U:0.112 seconds]