   From: Larry McVoy <>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 16:36:46 -0800

OK, so start throwing stones at this. Once we have a memory model that
works, I'll go through the process model.

What is the difference between your messages and spin locks?
Both seem to shuffle between cpus anytime anything interesting

In the spinlock case, I can thread out the locks in the page cache
hash table so that the shuffling is reduced. In the message case, I
always have to talk to someone.