SubjectRe: [kbuild-devel] Converting the 2.5 kernel to kbuild 2.5
Giacomo Catenazzi <cate@dplanet.ch>:
> I don't think esr changed non problematic rules, but one:
> all rules without help become automatically dependent to
> CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL. I don't like it, but I understand why
> he makes this decision.

No, it's CONFIG_EXPERT. And this change is not wired in. Comment
out this declaration in the top-level rulesfile:

condition nohelp on EXPERT

and it reverts to old behavior.

The conclusion is thus inescapable that the history, concept, and
wording of the second amendment to the Constitution of the United
States, as well as its interpretation by every major commentator and
court in the first half-century after its ratification, indicates
that what is protected is an individual right of a private citizen
to own and carry firearms in a peaceful manner.
-- Report of the Subcommittee On The Constitution of the Committee On
The Judiciary, United States Senate, 97th Congress, second session
(February, 1982), SuDoc# Y4.J 89/2: Ar 5/5

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:13    [W:0.226 / U:12.184 seconds]