SubjectRe: [kbuild-devel] Converting the 2.5 kernel to kbuild 2.5
David Woodhouse wrote:

> I do have objections to some of the other ideas which have been floated for
> changing the behaviour of the config rules, which aren't strictly related to
> the change in language.

The rules are nearly the same (but written in another language).
The problem was in converting rules: esr found a lot of error:
these error should be corrected, also some rules are different.

Also converting rules, you surelly found some error: i.e. wrong
dependencies syntax, wrong implementation,....

I don't think esr changed non problematic rules, but one:
all rules without help become automatically dependent to
CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL. I don't like it, but I understand why
he makes this decision.

Remember: The config.in files contain a lot of errors, and
automatic tools can not find all.

giacomo

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:13    [W:0.337 / U:0.564 seconds]