    SubjectRe: Why would a valid DVD show zero files on Linux?
    On Mon, Dec 31, 2001 at 09:21:24AM -0500, Bryce Nesbitt <> wrote:
    | Alan Cox wrote:
    | > The autodetection is working. Your DVD has a UDF file system on it and a
    | > blank iso9660 one.
    | Understood. However, why can't that combination "just work"? Changing
    | /etc/fstab every time I switch between sticking in a CD-ROM and DVD-ROM is not cool.
    | Certainly that "other operating system" does not make me do that.

    I do this via autofs, and just say /mnt/dvd when I want UDF and /mnt/cdrom
    when I want a CDROM. It does depend on having my eyes open when I stick
    the medium in the drive...

    Of course, this merely bypasses the autodetection.
    Cameron Simpson, DoD#743

    Ed Campbell's <ed@Tekelex.Com> pointers for long trips:
    7. Be prepared to have at least 1 flat, 2 electrical problems and a
    broken chain. Maybe a broken clutch cable too. The best prevention
    is to be able to fix it on the spot, only things you can't fix
    will break according to the law.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:18    [W:0.021 / U:9.768 seconds]