Subject2.5.1-dj9
Resyncing with Linus has begun, and I've pushed him some of the
more simple stuff to begin with. Doing so has shaken up some bits
in my tree which were incorrect.

Seems quite a few people are using my tree to develop against.
For this reason I've wimped out and accepted some new bits in
this diff just to get those folks some extra testers.

Patch against 2.5.1 vanilla is available from:
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk/patches/2.5/patch-2.5.1-dj9.diff.bz2

Some of the fixes still haven't found their way back to Marcelo yet
but should show up in a later 2.4.18pre with any luck.

Enjoy,
-- Davej.

2.5.1-dj9
o Merge up to 2.5.2pre4.
| Also fix up a bunch of build errors.
o Add support for Sony DSC-P5 to USB unusual devs. (Gregor Jasny)
o First part of new console locking infrastructure. (James Simmons)
o Cleaner/Lighter fbdev api. (James Simmons,
Geert Uytterhoeven)
o Don't coredump framebuffer contents. (Andrew Morton)
o Fix hang on close of serial tty. (Russell King)
o Remove the set_current_state() patch, needs work. (Me)
o Drop ICH2 addition to ioapic Whitelist. (Me)
o Do the asm/segment.h crapectomy properly. (David Woodhouse)
o Reactivate the PNPBIOS Configure.help entry.

2.5.1-dj8
o Remove leftover EISA cruft in x86 ksyms. (Me)
o Add a missing part of the split visws support. (Me)
o Make reiserfs partitions mountable again. (Al Viro,
Andrew Morton, Me)
o Make x86 math emulation work with dynamic LDT. (Manfred Spraul)
o Fix problems with tdfxfb & high pixelclocks. (Jurriaan)
| Only tested on PCI 4500, feedback to thunder7@xs4all.nl
o Replace text.lock with .subsection (Keith Owens)
o Remove Cyrix SLOP workaround. (Me)
| Can be done in userspace/initramfs.
o Merge pnpbios support. (Thomas Hood)
| Should work, but may be nice to bend into shape
| to fit the new driverfs model at some point.

2.5.1-dj7
o Merge 2.5.2pre3
| Drop some of the reiserfs changes. Looks like -dj has
| a more complete set of fixes from 2.4. This is getting
| a little hairy, so handle with care.
o Make rootfs compile. (Me)
o Dynamically grow LDT. (Manfred Spraul)
o Randomness for ext2 generation numbers. (Manfred Spraul)
o Give Manfreds threaded coredump a retry. (Manfred Spraul)
o Add missing ad1848 formats. (Alan Cox)
o Make ide-floppy compile without PROC_FS. (Robert Love)
o generic_serial, rio_linux, serial_tx3912, (Rasmus Andersen)
sh-sci and sx drivers janitor work.
o opl3sa2 Power management support & update. (Zwane Mwaikambo)
| Add Zwane to MAINTAINERS for this too.
o Fix buggy MODINC i2o_config macro. (Andreas Dilger)
o Cyclades driver /proc/ioports oops fix. (Andrew Morton)
| Untested afaik, but looks sane.
| rmmod cyclades.o ; cat /proc/ioports to see if this works.
o SX driver, DCD-HylaFAX problem solved. (Heinz-Ado Arnolds)
o Only look in 1KB of EBDA for MP table. (Zwane Mwaikambo)
| Follows the MP1.4 Spec closer, let me know of any
| SMP problems if any with this change.
o Better fix for the sunrpc 'missing include'. (David Woodhouse)
o Remove bogus <asm/segment.h> includes. (David Woodhouse)
o ps2esdi spinlock typo. (Me)

2.5.1-dj6
o Merge 2.5.2pre2
| Includes updated for 2.5 SCSI debug driver. (Douglas Gilbert)
o Merge 2.4.18pre1
o Missing include in sunrpc sched.c (David S. Miller)
o Remove incorrect devinit's from bttv & USB. (Andrew Morton)
o Remove redundant EISA_bus__is_a_macro macro. (Me)
o Split visws support to setup-visws.c (Me)
| Can someone with one of these beasts test this, and maybe
| even *gulp* maintain it ?
o pc110pad spinlock thinko (Peter T. Breuer)
o Fix reiserfs + highmem possible oops. (Oleg Drokin)
o Fix reiserfs fsx breakage. (Oleg Drokin)
o Make IPV6 accept timestamps in response to SYNs. (Alexey Kuznetsov)
o NCR5380_timer_fn needs to be static. (Rasmus Andersen)
o CONFIG_SERIAL_ACPI is IA64 only. (Me)

2.5.1-dj5
o Sync up to 2.5.2pre1
o Merge 2.4.17final.
o Gravis ultrasound PnP update (Andrey Panin)

2.5.1-dj4
o Merge with 2.4.17-rc2
| Most was already here, more or less just fixes for
| reiserfs & netfilter, and some VM changes.

2.5.1-dj3
o Drop Manfreds multithread coredump changes (Me)
| They caused ltp waitpid05 regression on 2.5
| (Same patch is fine for 2.4)
o Intermezzo compile fix. (Chris Wright)
o Fix ymfpci & hisax merge errors. (Me)
o Drop ad1848 sound driver changes in favour of 2.5 (Me)
o Make hpfs work again. (Al Viro)
o Alpha Jensen compile fixes. (Ronald Lembcke)
o Make NCR5380 compile non modularly. (Erik Andersen)

2.5.1-dj2
o bio fixes for qlogicfas. (brett@bad-sports.com)
o Correct x86 CPU helptext. (Me)
o Fix serial.c __ISAPNP__ usage. (Andrey Panin)
o Use better ide-floppy fixes. (Jens Axboe)
o Make NFS 'fsx' proof. (Trond Mykelbust)
| 2 races & 4 bugs, hopefully this is all.
o devfs update (Richard Gooch)
o Backout early CPU init, needs more work. (Me)
| This should fix several strange reports.
o drop new POSIX kill semantics for now (Me)

2.5.1-dj1
o Resync with 2.5.1
| drop reiserfs changes. 2.4's look to be more complete.
o Fix potential sysvfs oops. (Christoph Hellwig)
o Loopback driver deadlock fix. (Andrea Arcangeli)
o __devexit cleanups in drivers/net/ (Daniel Chen,
synclink, wdt_pci & via82cxxx_audio John Tapsell)
o Configure.help updates (Eric S. Raymond)
o Make reiserfs compile again. (Me)
o bio changes for ide floppy (Me)
| handle with care, compiles, but is unfinished.
o Make x86 identify_cpu() happen earlier (Me)
| PPro errata workaround & APIC setup got a little
| cleaner as a result.
o Blink keyboard LEDs on panic (From 2.4.13-ac)
o Change current->state frobbing to set_current_state() (From 2.4.13-ac)
o Add MODULE_LICENSE tags for acpi,md.c,fmvj18x, (From 2.4.13-ac)
atyfb & fbmem.

--
Dave Jones. http://www.codemonkey.org.uk
SuSE Labs.