SubjectKernel panic from usb-ohci
Date
Apologies if I am at the wrong place, thought a kernel panic would
justify the message.

Got this kernel bug on Mandrake 8.1 installing a Speedtouch ADSL modem
(USB). Unfortunately, I cannot copy and paste the content of the error
as as get a kernel panic straight away and the PC has'nt got kbd/mouse.

Basically everything works fine until I start running the modem_run
command, the pppd daemon and finally my iptables script. I get a
connection for anything from 1 to 5 minutes, which then results in the
following output:

usb-ohci.c : bus 00:0c.0 devnum 2 deletion in interrupt
Kernel BUG at usb_ohci.c: 886!
Invalid operand: 0000
CPU: 0
EIP: 0010 [<c8851de8>]
EFLAGS: 00010082

I stopped writing down all the values at this stage... I can supply them
if anybody needs them for further analysis...

I am running on an old Pentium 133 (Internet Gateway PC) with a DLINK
USB card (added on as no USB initially on PC)

Thanks a lot!
Jean.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:14    [W:0.057 / U:0.528 seconds]