    SubjectRe: The direction linux is taking
    > the human doing the merging.  So far, it seems more like nobody is
    > doing any merging, Dave says someone does but nobody else has spoken

    Lots of people do. I get all my wireless, my isdn, my usb
    patches all nicely prepacked and merged for example.

    > up and I tend to think that merging is not a common process in the
    > Linux tree, the rate of change sort of indicates that. I suspect

    The primary limit on the rate of change is the rate at which Linus merges
    stuff, nothing else.

    > is happening in the Linux/PPC development nor the MySQL development.
    > They have merge conflicts all the time and we have years of data to prove

    For the ppc folks I guess because they are keeping a parallel tree. Thats a
    totally different animal because you collide continually with things you've
    submitted and changes in the core tree.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:14    [W:0.020 / U:11.568 seconds]