Subjectfilling up pt_regs by myself
Hi,

Is there any functions that i can use to setup pt_regs structure
myself.

For example how can I take a following i386 system call to alpha

sys_mycall( struct pt_regs regs)
{
my_function( &regs);

}

I tried to do it same way . But then the value of members of regs
structure that i am getting are corrupted. Later looking into the
source i found that for most of alpha system call is defined something
like

sys_mycall( arg1, arg2, arg3.....)

So i replaced the above function definition with

sys_mycall( argument1, argument 2 argument ) here consider it takes
only three arguments ...

But now how i will pass the regs structure to my_function . Is there any
already existing function that help me to do that something like
save_regs(&regs) ? Or do i need to hand code all the saving by itself.
Can I use SAVE_ALL #define defined in entry.S .

Thanks in advance .

-aneesh

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:18    [W:0.042 / U:2.980 seconds]