    SubjectRe: The direction linux is taking
    > > Wrong.  Most patches are independant, and even touch different functions.
    >
    > Really? And the data which shows this absolute statement to be true is
    > where? I'm happy to believe data, but there is no data here.

    I rarely get clashes in merges with either 2.2 or with 2.4-ac when I was
    doing it. Offsets from multiple patches to the same file happen some times
    but its very rare two people had overlapping changes and when it happened
    it almost always meant that the two of them needed to talk because they were
    fixing the same thing or adding related features.

    The big exception is Configure.help which is a nightmare for patch, and the
    one file I basically always did hand merges on

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:14    [W:0.047 / U:0.032 seconds]