SubjectRe: The direction linux is taking
On Thu, 27 Dec 2001, Richard Gooch wrote:

> If you get this working nicely, it might even be a generally useful
> thing. A set of perl scripts and easy interface commands could prove
> popular. I would certainly find it convenient to have a patch
> retransmission system that re-sent patches every time a new pre-patch
> came out, and emailed me when the patch no longer applies.

... or compiles, or applies with an offset

> If it could automatically de-queue when the patch is applied, or when
> I manually remove it, that would be even better.

... or when somebody replies to the patch and the reply
gets caught by a program invoked from your .procmailrc

If Linus replies he has seen the patch, don't keep
bombing him.

Of course when the patch gets dequeued, the program should
send you a mail with the reason.

> And if I make an update to a queued patch, it obsoletes the old one,
> that would be good too.

Good one, this needs to be added.

Any more requirements / ideas / volunteers / ... ?

(and remember, this thing is designed to make Linus his life
easier, too)

regards,

Rik
--