SubjectRe: writing device drivers for commercial hardware
On Wed, 26 Dec 2001 toxischerabflussreiniger@gmx.net wrote:

> As I'm new to linux kernel development I wonder how to write a
> device driver, say for a card reader, if you don't have some
> documentation about it.
> How do you manage that? Searching for it in the web? I really don't
> know ... there's a small book with my card reader but you won't find
> a single line about technical stuff in it.
> It's a (pretty simple and cheap) card reader connected to serial port.

Hi,

did something similar before christmas. Had a small win installation in
a vmware, slsnif running on the linux host and connected vmware on a
ttyp slsnif gave me. easy.

BTW what card reader is it ? There are already enough _user space_
implementations for serial smartcard readers. This is where this
normally belongs to.
Check http://www.linuxnet.com/ p.ex.

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb at Zabbadoz dot NeT
56 69 73 69 74 http://www.zabbadoz.net/