SubjectRE: LKML signal to noise ratio-- improvement
Date
M. Edward Borasky wrote:
>I rather like the way the R project does it. They have three lists:
>one for developers, one for "announcements" and one for help. The
>announcements list is probably irrelevant; the announcements show up
>on the other two lists.

Ah yes, I meant to include -announcements too, but I forgot by the time I
got down to the named parts. Perhaps a -proposals would be good too, so
something like -misc posts would truly not fit into a preconcieved catagory.
If people still announce to the other lists, they can be scolded.

Although, it seems that with so many lists it gets too complex and parts of
the system might be ignored; perhaps you are right, that three lists would
suffice. But either way, one list with 7000+ messages a month is, as many
have admitted, not optimal for developers and maintainers.

Thanks,
Will