SubjectRe: Configure.help editorial policy
Rik van Riel <riel@conectiva.com.br>:
> It doesn't help anything if there are more precise
> terms when they're used inconsistently. Somebody will
> have to check and fix this, continuously.

The situation is not as bad as you think, Rik. I grepped; the Documentation
subtree only has 17 instances of KB, of which about 6 clearly don't need
correcting as they really are referring to disk capacities. The patch to
fix these references would not be large.

...Virtually never are murderers the ordinary, law-abiding people
against whom gun bans are aimed. Almost without exception, murderers
are extreme aberrants with lifelong histories of crime, substance
abuse, psychopathology, mental retardation and/or irrational violence
against those around them, as well as other hazardous behavior, e.g.,
automobile and gun accidents."
-- Don B. Kates, writing on statistical patterns in gun crime

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:14    [W:0.094 / U:1.000 seconds]