    SubjectRe: [patch] Assigning syscall numbers for testing
    > User space code should open /proc/dynamic_syscalls, read the lines
    > looking for their syscall name, extract the number and call the glibc
    > syscall() function using that number. Do not use the _syscalln()
    > functions, they require a constant syscall number at compile time.

    Simple brutal and to the point. Also it means a dynamic library can
    switch to real syscalls and dynamic apps will migrate fine.

    One request - can we specify a namespace of the form

    vendorid is the wrong phrase but "some sane way of knowing whose syscall
    it is" - it would be bad for andrea-aio and ben-aio to use the same names..

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:14    [W:0.020 / U:16.212 seconds]