SubjectRe: aio
> Precisely, in fact.  Anyone who can say that Java is going to be
> relevant in a few years time, with a straight face, is only kidding
> themselves.

Oh it'll be very relevant. Its leaking into all sorts of embedded uses, from
Digital TV to smartcards. Its still useless for serious high end work an
likely to stay so.

> Java is not something to justify a new kernel feature, that is for
> certain.

There we agree. Things like the current asynch/thread mess in java are
partly poor design of language and greatly stupid design of JVM.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans