    SubjectRe: aio
    > Precisely, in fact.  Anyone who can say that Java is going to be
    > relevant in a few years time, with a straight face, is only kidding
    > themselves.

    Oh it'll be very relevant. Its leaking into all sorts of embedded uses, from
    Digital TV to smartcards. Its still useless for serious high end work an
    likely to stay so.

    > Java is not something to justify a new kernel feature, that is for
    > certain.

    There we agree. Things like the current asynch/thread mess in java are
    partly poor design of language and greatly stupid design of JVM.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:14    [W:0.038 / U:63.416 seconds]