    SubjectRe: nfsroot dead slow with redhat 7.2
    在 週四, 2001-12-20 10:39, Trond Myklebust 寫道:
    > > The network is fine. It is so slow that an ls -l at the rootfs
    > > takes more than 2 minutes. The readdir() seems alright because
    > > the ls immediate counts the number of records says "total
    > > blahbalh" but when doing individual lookup calls, it seems slow
    > > like hell. We have other production i686smp servers 2.4.14
    > As I said: 'tcpdump' ought to show you what is going on
    > > serving diskless i686 clients using
    > > 2.4.13 kernels works great. Is there any difference in nfsroot
    > > with
    > > normal nfsmounts? And can we configure the nfsroot use a v3
    > Nope: no differences. NFSroot uses the exact same code as standard
    > NFS.
    > > mount? becaus now it defaults to v2 always.
    > As I said in my previous mail: use the mount option 'v3' on the kernel
    > boot line if you want NFSv3.
    > e.g. nfsroot=",v3"
    > Cheers,
    > Trond
    Just find out... it is a problem of some settings in /etc directory
    it is not related to the FSes . I replaced the /etc directory with the
    one we are using on the production machines... by the way. What can be
    wrong? When it starts init , and execute the /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit , it
    is hell slow. We have tried replace /sbin/init with bash and we got out
    a shell but "ls -l" takes more than 2 minutes... do you know what sort
    of settings in the /etc will affect use space "bash" or "glibc" on
    nfsroot behaves different ? This is so strange.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:14    [W:0.024 / U:115.944 seconds]