SubjectRe: proposal: feed smaller mailing lists into linux-kernel, add linux-kernel-core and linux-kernel-bugs
On Thu, Dec 20, 2001 at 02:01:32AM -0500, Benjamin LaHaise wrote:
> Hello Dave,
>
> In light of some of the earlier comments in the various threads, I'd like to
> start feeding postings from linux-mm and linux-aio back into linux-kernel
> to encourage more widespread distribution of highly specific mumblings to the
> community at large. Along this lines, I also would like a couple of more
> specific mailing lists to be added: linux-kernel-core and linux-kernel-bugs
> to help readers in classifying the traffic. Thoughts?

If there *really* are people who want to get it all,
we could create a digested linux-all list.

On the other hand, they can do like I do: subscribe
all interesting into separate addresses (aliases),
which go into separate folders.

As things are, people who are using Yahoo or Hotmail,
or whatever Mail-ISP thing out there are usually
being bounced (and removed) because of the very high
traffic volume at linux-kernel overflowing their
mailboxes already. (Digest won't help them there.)

> -ben
> --
> Fish.

/Matti Aarnio -- co-postmaster of vger.kernel.org
occasional linux kernel hacker