    SubjectRe: aio
    On Thu, 2001-12-20 at 01:46, Mike Castle wrote:
    > On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 10:00:40PM -0800, David S. Miller wrote:
    > > No I'm not talking about phttpd nor zeus, I'm talking about the guy
    > > who did the hacks where he'd put the http headers + content into a
    > > seperate file and just sendfile() that to the client.
    > >
    > > I forget what his hacks were named, but there certainly was a longish
    > > thread on this list about it about 1 year ago if memory serves.
    > Would that be Fabio Riccardi's X15 stuff?

    Yes. I was about to reply to this effect.

    X15 was a userspace httpd that operated using the Tux-designed
    constructs -- sendfile and such. IIRC, Ingo actually pointed out some
    things Fabio did were non-RFC (sending the static headers may of been
    one of them, since the timestamp was wrong) and Fabio made a lot of
    changes. X15 seemed promising, especially since it trumpeted that Linux
    "worked" without sticking things in kernel-space, but I don't remember
    if we ever saw source (let alone a free license)?

    Robert Love

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:14    [W:0.023 / U:6.536 seconds]