    SubjectRe: aio
    From
       From: Benjamin LaHaise <bcrl@redhat.com>
    Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 00:58:03 -0500

    Step back for a moment. I know of phttpd and zeus. They both have
    a serious problem: they fall down when the load on the system exceeds
    the capabilities of the cpu. If you'd bother to take a look at the
    aio api I'm proposing, it has less overhead under heavy load as events
    get coalesced. Even then, the overhead under light load is less than
    signals or select or poll.

    No I'm not talking about phttpd nor zeus, I'm talking about the guy
    who did the hacks where he'd put the http headers + content into a
    seperate file and just sendfile() that to the client.

    I forget what his hacks were named, but there certainly was a longish
    thread on this list about it about 1 year ago if memory serves.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:14    [W:0.025 / U:29.448 seconds]