SubjectRe: Coding style - a non-issue
On Sun, 2 Dec 2001, Alan Cox wrote:

> What would be much much more constructive isnt quite a hall of shame - its
> to build a set of pages that take problem drivers and quote chunks of them
> with an explanation of _why_ it is wrong, what should be used instead and
> possible the "after" code if it also gets cleaned up.

I planned to do something like this for the kernel-janitor project.
The janitor todo-list is aparently too terse for some people, and
having a perl script to point out problems wasn't enough. Maybe having the
script point to a webpage explaining /why/ xxxx needs changing would be
more useful.

The current TODO list there goes halfway toward this, but needs
expanding, more explanations etc.. Any contributions more than
welcomed.

regards,
Dave.