SubjectRe: Kernel memory usage optimisations?

> I understand that best area for saving memory usage is the C-library but
> are there any other kernel areas? I'm thinking of dropping swapfile support
> and maybe some other subsystems that are not needed in embedded device.

Check out all the cacheline_aligned usage, in all the cases I could see
there was no reason to do this on a UP machine. You could probably get
away with redefining them to do nothing.

Also you could drop the sizes of the hashes (dentry, inode, mount,
buffer, page, route) if they are taking up RAM.

Anton

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:18    [W:0.053 / U:1.424 seconds]