SubjectRe: Booting a modular kernel through a multiple streams file / Making Linux multiboot capable and grub loading kernel modules at boot time.
Date
Followup to:  <m1zo4fursh.fsf@frodo.biederman.org>
By author: ebiederm@xmission.com (Eric W. Biederman)
In newsgroup: linux.dev.kernel

> Which just goes to show what a fragile firmware design it is, to have
> firmware callbacks doing device I/O. I think the whole approach of
> having firmware callbacks is fundamentally flawed but I'll do my best
> to keep it working, for those things that care. If it works over 50%
> of the time I'm happy...

NAK. You can make it perfectly robust thankyouverymuch, as long as
you don't try to *mix* firmware and poking directly at the
hardware... this is a classic "who owns what" class problem.

-hpa
http://www.zytor.com/~hpa/puzzle.txt <amsp@zytor.com>