SubjectRe: Domian Validation (Re: 2.5.1 - intermediate bio stuff..)
On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 08:43:40AM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> > So which is it?
>
> Can you go back, and _read_ the messages?

I read them, I read them again, and I've read them a third time. If you
want, I'll put together a summary of your statements so that you can
read what you wrote again and think about it. You can wiggle all you
want, Linus, your statements were clear and you are trying to have it
both ways. But I doubt you'll admit it, nobody likes to look foolish,
so let's let it go.

What I would like is for you to make a clear statement about what you
think is a good way to approach systems problems. You've bounced from
"design is good" to "design is bad" and I don't want to nitpick, I want
to know what you think. After you've *thought* about it, as opposed to
just some kneejerk reaction for effect.

I'm not alone in this, either. Since you are the final decision maker
on what goes in, many people in the world would like to know how to do
things "correctly" from your point of view.

A thoughtful writeup on how to make something happen in the Linux kernel
would be well received.
--
---