SubjectTTY Driver Open and Close Logic
Hi,

I have been working on various serial drivers and I notice that physical
driver close routine is called in all cases even if the physical driver
open routine fails. That suggests to me that a lot of the MOD_DEC/INC_COUNT
logic in serial.c and other physical serial drivers is incorrect. As
serial.c seems usually to be compiled into the kernel the issue
is not so important, but a lot of the other logic associated with
open counts also seems incorrect. Is this observation correct?

Joachim Martillo

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans