    SubjectTTY Driver Open and Close Logic
    Hi,

    I have been working on various serial drivers and I notice that physical
    driver close routine is called in all cases even if the physical driver
    open routine fails. That suggests to me that a lot of the MOD_DEC/INC_COUNT
    logic in serial.c and other physical serial drivers is incorrect. As
    serial.c seems usually to be compiled into the kernel the issue
    is not so important, but a lot of the other logic associated with
    open counts also seems incorrect. Is this observation correct?

    Joachim Martillo

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:14    [W:0.022 / U:29.924 seconds]