    SubjectRe: [reiserfs-list] Re: Reiserfs corruption on 2.4.17-rc1!

    On Tue, 18 Dec 2001 14:08:42 Hans Reiser wrote:
    > Nikita Danilov wrote:
    > >Diego Calleja writes:
    > >

    > >Unfortunately this looks like "standard" reiserfs tree corruption.
    > >Take
    > >
    > A little more precisely: nobody at Namesys has ever hit this bug using
    > our known healthy hardware. Various users have. Bad hardware (e.g
    > media defect) could cause this bug, and maybe cause it in just about the
    > number of users that we see it in. This does NOT mean that it is due
    > to bad hardware. If you, or anyone, can reproduce this bug, we would be
    > very interested to learn how to do so.
    > Hans
    I'm afraid I can't. It just happened. I only can describe what was I doing,
    although it must be useless....
    The system booted with linux 2.4.17-rc1. I was readin mail in kde
    when I tried to mount my vfat partition on /win to listen mp3. (as a
    user, of course). But I couldn't mount it. Reason?:
    ls: mtab: permission denied
    Then I log as root, but ls -l /etc/mtab said:
    ls: mtab: permission denied
    any chmod in /etc/mtab: (as root)
    chmod: getting attributes of mtab: Permission denied

    After this, the filesystem started to fail a lot in all other programs
    , the problem is in some files in /etc.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:14    [W:0.020 / U:18.952 seconds]