SubjectRe: [reiserfs-list] Re: Reiserfs corruption on 2.4.17-rc1!

On Tue, 18 Dec 2001 14:08:42 Hans Reiser wrote:
> Nikita Danilov wrote:
>
> >Diego Calleja writes:
> >

> >Unfortunately this looks like "standard" reiserfs tree corruption.
> >Take
> >
> A little more precisely: nobody at Namesys has ever hit this bug using
> our known healthy hardware. Various users have. Bad hardware (e.g
> media defect) could cause this bug, and maybe cause it in just about the
> number of users that we see it in. This does NOT mean that it is due
> to bad hardware. If you, or anyone, can reproduce this bug, we would be
> very interested to learn how to do so.
>
> Hans
I'm afraid I can't. It just happened. I only can describe what was I doing,
although it must be useless....
The system booted with linux 2.4.17-rc1. I was readin mail in kde
when I tried to mount my vfat partition on /win to listen mp3. (as a
normal
user, of course). But I couldn't mount it. Reason?:
ls: mtab: permission denied
Then I log as root, but ls -l /etc/mtab said:
ls: mtab: permission denied
any chmod in /etc/mtab: (as root)
chmod: getting attributes of mtab: Permission denied

After this, the filesystem started to fail a lot in all other programs
, the problem is in some files in /etc.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:14    [W:0.092 / U:0.964 seconds]