    SubjectRe: Poor performance during disk writes

    File './Bonnie.2276', size: 1073741824, volumes: 1
    Writing with putc()... done: 72692 kB/s 83.7 %CPU
    Rewriting... done: 25355 kB/s 12.0 %CPU
    Writing intelligently...done: 103022 kB/s 40.5 %CPU
    Reading with getc()... done: 37188 kB/s 67.5 %CPU
    Reading intelligently...done: 40809 kB/s 11.4 %CPU
    Seeker 2...Seeker 1...Seeker 3...start 'em...done...done...done...
    ---Sequential Output (nosync)--- ---Sequential Input-- --Rnd Seek-
    -Per Char- --Block--- -Rewrite-- -Per Char- --Block--- --04k (03)-
    Machine MB K/sec %CPU K/sec %CPU K/sec %CPU K/sec %CPU K/sec %CPU /sec %CPU
    1*1024 72692 83.7 103022 40.5 25355 12.0 37188 67.5 40809 11.4 382.1 2.4

    Maybe this is the kind of performance you want out your ATA subsystem.
    Maybe if I could get a patch in to the kernels we could all have stable
    and fast IO.

    Andre Hedrick
    CEO/President, LAD Storage Consulting Group
    Linux ATA Development
    Linux Disk Certification Project