SubjectRe: Booting a modular kernel through a multiple streams file / Making Linux multiboot capable and grub loading kernel modules at boot time.
Christian Koenig wrote:

> I agree, but the problem I have with Initrd is that you could only have
> 1 single initrd-image on your hard disk / loaded by the boot-loader.

Al and I have already discussed an improved approach. What we want is
rather than initrd an initramfs. I have specifically discussed the
initramfs protocol with Al so it can be combined from multiple sources.

-hpa

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:14    [W:0.138 / U:2.828 seconds]