SubjectRe: in-kernel pcmcia oopsing in SMP
On Mon, Dec 17, 2001 at 02:24:00PM +1100, David Gibson wrote:

> > Your oops, in tasklet code, sounds to me like a locking bug in the
> > driver code for managing the transmit stack vs. interrupt handling.
> > Have there been reports of the driver working well on SMP boxes?
>
> Well, one of the main features of the driver is that the Tx path and
> the interupt handler (Rx path) are permitted to run concurrently.
> This is an issue even on UP (although not as complex), since the Rx
> patch can interrupt the Tx path. I believe there has been at least
> some successful operation on SMP machines, but unfortunately I don't
> know any details.

Yes, after I wrote that, I looked at the orinoco code, and the tx and
interrupt paths looked pretty straightforward. But I don't think I
would be able to catch anything that wasn't really obvious.

-- Dave

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:14    [W:0.096 / U:1.460 seconds]