SubjectRE: Booting a modular kernel through a multiple streams file
Date
> From: Otto Wyss [mailto:otto.wyss@bluewin.ch]
> You have to admit that a multiple streams file format
> (regardless which kind)
> would be a good solution to the booting of a modular kernel.
> Anyway this format
> has to be supported by the kernel itself and in some extend
> by any boot loader.
> So anybody has to write a kernel module for the cpio/tar
> format and help with
> implementing it into boot loaders. Maybe you could give some help.

I don't think multiple streams is a good idea, but did you all see the patch
by Christian Koenig to let the bootloader load modules? That seems to solve
the problem nicely.

Regards -- Andy

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:18    [W:0.067 / U:2.352 seconds]