Subjectcrypto api stuff
Having spent some time trying to decide which version of the crypto
api patch is best to apply to recent 2.4.x kernels I wondered if any
serious thought had been given to including this in the standard
kernel tree for 2.5 (and maybe some future 2.4 perhaps if it proves
stable in 2.5)?

I for one would like to take an off-the-shelf standard kernel and use
loopback to mount an encrypted file-system. Maybe then vendors would
start including this functionality.

[ I assume that the US laws on exporting crypto (which I seem to
remember got relaxed a while back) are no longer a significant
problem, or there wouldn't be things like openssl or openssh in common
distros. ]

--
Jon Peatfield, DAMTP, Computer Officer, University of Cambridge
Telephone: +44 1223 3 37852 Mail: J.S.Peatfield@damtp.cam.ac.uk