    SubjectRe: Is /dev/shm needed?
    On Sunday 16 December 2001 18:56, Ryan Cumming wrote:
    > On December 16, 2001 15:47, Adam Schrotenboer wrote:
    > > I may be wrong about /tmp as well, but I have come to think that it is
    > > data that ought be discarded after logout, and have sometimes considered
    > > writing a script for it in the login/logout scripts.
    > System daemons can legally use /tmp, and they may not apprechiate having
    > their files removed from underneath them everytime someone telnets in. ;)
    Definite pt. So maybe make mortal users use $HOME/tmp. and that could be
    mounted at login and umounted at logout. Or, rm only the files that the user
    > -Ryan

    "I wanted to see exotic Vietnam, the jewel of Southeast Asia. I wanted
    to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture...
    and kill them."

    Joker, "Full Metal Jacket"

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:14    [W:0.029 / U:45.844 seconds]