SubjectRe: Is /dev/shm needed?
Date
On Sunday 16 December 2001 18:56, Ryan Cumming wrote:
> On December 16, 2001 15:47, Adam Schrotenboer wrote:
> > I may be wrong about /tmp as well, but I have come to think that it is
> > data that ought be discarded after logout, and have sometimes considered
> > writing a script for it in the login/logout scripts.
>
> System daemons can legally use /tmp, and they may not apprechiate having
> their files removed from underneath them everytime someone telnets in. ;)
Definite pt. So maybe make mortal users use $HOME/tmp. and that could be
mounted at login and umounted at logout. Or, rm only the files that the user
owns.

--
tabris

"I wanted to see exotic Vietnam, the jewel of Southeast Asia. I wanted
to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture...
and kill them."

Joker, "Full Metal Jacket"

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans