SubjectRe: passing params to boot readonly

Ok, the patch is attached, it was against 2.4.17-pre8 but should apply to
2.4.16 (let me know if you have problems).

To use, mount the FS with -o noreplay. If there are transactions that need
to be replayed, it will force the FS readonly, otherwise, you get a normal rw
mount. So, you might want to use -o ro,noreplay instead.

You'll need a boot disk with the patched 2.4.x kernel (it will be able to
read the 2.2.x reiserfs disk).

Now, with all of that said, I don't think this is the best way to poke around
on the degraded array (RAID5 with one disk dead?). Grab the 3.x.0j version
of reiserfsprogs, and we can use debugreiserfs to get a look at what metadata
is still usable on the FS.

If the data is important, I'd strongly suggest finding a way to back it up (a
raw copy of the other two drives is better than nothing) before trying
anything fancy. Even if this means a trip to the computer store and some
extra downtime.

-chris
[unhandled content-type:application/x-gunzip]

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:18    [W:0.046 / U:4.048 seconds]