    SubjectRe: Near CPUs ...
    On Wed, 12 Dec 2001, Martin J. Bligh wrote:

    > > How to detect CPUs that are "near" ( on the same bus/mb ) on x86/ia64 hardware ?
    > > Is the MP configuration data structured in a way that makes you understand
    > > this mapping, ie :
    >
    > IIRC, for HT, cpus with an APICid that only differ in the last bit are paired
    >
    > For systems with clustered APIC ID, the cluster number is the top nibble of the
    > logical APICid - CPUs with the same cluster number are in the same node.

    This info is good enough for now but i think there should be an abstract
    interface inside the kernel to get topology infos.
    I looked at SRAT tables, they're good if they'll be a standard w/out M$
    patents. Otherwise the ACPI2 _PXM method can be used.

    - Davide

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:14    [W:0.041 / U:62.268 seconds]