SubjectRe: Near CPUs ...
On Wed, 12 Dec 2001, Martin J. Bligh wrote:

> > How to detect CPUs that are "near" ( on the same bus/mb ) on x86/ia64 hardware ?
> > Is the MP configuration data structured in a way that makes you understand
> > this mapping, ie :
> IIRC, for HT, cpus with an APICid that only differ in the last bit are paired
> For systems with clustered APIC ID, the cluster number is the top nibble of the
> logical APICid - CPUs with the same cluster number are in the same node.

This info is good enough for now but i think there should be an abstract
interface inside the kernel to get topology infos.
I looked at SRAT tables, they're good if they'll be a standard w/out M$
patents. Otherwise the ACPI2 _PXM method can be used.

- Davide

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:14    [W:0.078 / U:5.120 seconds]