SubjectRe: NULL pointer dereference in moxa driver
From
> Stephan von Krawczynski <skraw@ithnet.com> writes:
> Seems I got somewhat closer now.
>
> After reading the documentation again, I realised that I was
accessing
> the wrong device.
>
> I belive I read in another file, that the second board started at
> device 32. However device 8 is the first port on the second board.
>
> And actually that seems to work. (I cant confirm this 100% before
> I get to work tomorrow and actually attach something to the port)

Well, this driver does only support 32 Ports. everyone more crashes
definitely. I haven't seen such a broken source in years. I urge you
to delete the device nodes above 31 to overcome any chance to crash
again.

Most interestingly the moxa-driver is better by far than the mxser. It
seems to me the mxser is _really_ old. If you want to help us all,
please try to contact moxa support and tell them it is high time to
submit a _new_ mxser.c to the kernel tree, because the old (currently
used) one is such a mess. They can do better (proven in moxa.c).
At least a multiboard setup is completely broken. My patch fixes this
but this does not help the main kernel tree.

I cannot submit a patch to marcelo, because I am not the maintainer,
and we all don't want to fork a new mxser-driver apart from the
original.

Oh dear.

Regards,
Stephan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:14    [W:0.059 / U:0.656 seconds]