SubjectRe: [RFC] Multiprocessor Control Interfaces
Some people have asked me for more information before they'll attempt
to download and play with this stuff, so here's the --help output from
the latest version of the run(1) command:

Usage: run [OPTIONS] { COMMAND [ARGS] | PROCESS_SPECIFIER }
Set scheduling parameters and CPU bias for a new process or a list
of existing processes.

OPTIONS can be one or more of the following options:

-b, --bias=LIST Set the CPU bias to the LIST of CPUs;
CPUs are numbered starting from 0
-s, --policy=POLICY Set the scheduling policy to POLICY
-P, --priority=LEVEL Set the scheduling priority to LEVEL
-q, --quantum=QUANTUM Set the SCHED_RR quantum to QUANTUM
-v, --version Output version information and exit
-h, --help Display this help and exit

PROCESS_SPECIFIER is exactly one of the following options:

-p, --pid=LIST Specify LIST of existing PIDs to modify
-g, --group=LIST Specify LIST of process groups to modify; all
existing processes in the groups will be modified
-u, --user=LIST Specify LIST of users to modify; all existing
processes owned by the users will be modified
-n, --name=LIST Specify LIST of existing process names to modify

Multiple comma separated values can be specified for all LISTs and ranges
are allowed where appropriate (e.g. "run -b 0,1-3 autopilot").

See the run(1) man page for more information.

Take care,
Jason