    SubjectRe: IRQ Routing Problem on ALi Chipset Laptop (HP Pavilion N5425)
    Hi!

    > I've updated my bios on my Pavilion N5430 and guess what is shows on
    > the bios boot screen (if you disable the bios splash screen)... Omnibook
    > XE3. They are one in the same, at least model number wise. weird,
    > considering there are no AMD omnibooks..

    I *do* have AMD omnibook on my table.

    > > Ouch, you said you have maestro on irq5. And does it *work*? For me,
    > > it plays mp3 but repeats portions even on wrong interrupt.
    >
    > My maestro is on IRQ 5, and the pIRQ table says it should be on IRQ 5, and
    > it works fine. Earlier 2.4 kernels (before .8 or .9) had all sorts of
    > problems with the maestro3 (actually Allegro-1), but i haven't had any
    > problems in a while.. Try ALSA, see if that fixes your problems.

    Interrupts are not comming. If I hook it on irq11 (usb), and make usb
    generate interrupts, it plays.

    > > > apply to both. If you want to help get the BIOS updated (the root cause,
    > > > IMHO), please call HP support and reference case number 1429683616 (that
    > > > 9 may be a 4 - my handwriting is horrible). That's the case I logged
    > > > with thim about the broken PIR table (USB irq showing 9; being 11) and
    > > > failure to enable sse on athlon 4/duron/xp chips.
    >
    > Good luck.. I emailed HP support, and got the "we're forwarding your
    > request to the BIOS people".. and that was 4 months ago.
    >
    > Ohh, and Marcelo accepted the K7/SSE patch for 2.4.17, so no need for that
    > patch anymore..

    I do not much care about sse, but I'd prefer my sound working :-(.
    Pavel
    --
    Casualities in World Trade Center: 6453 dead inside the building,
    cryptography in U.S.A. and free speech in Czech Republic.