SubjectRe: Any lingering Athlon bugs in Kernel 2.4.14?

They get random NULL pointer dereference attempts from the kernel, as well
as some messages relating to errors in virtual page blah blah blah.
Really I should write down the error messages.. but basically the system
prints what looks like a black screen of death to the console and then
becomes completely non-responsive.

On 8 Nov 2001, Robert Love
wrote:

> On Thu, 2001-11-08 at 13:17, Calin A. Culianu wrote:
> > I wouldn't mind trying his tree at all. Does his tree somehow use the
> > older VM, or does it try to address Athlon bugs more aggressively? Ie: Why
> > is this a great idea? (Apart from Alan's tree just being really cool).
>
> It does use the older VM, and more importantly it has some odd end fixes
> that have yet to be incorporated into Linus's tree. And, yes, it is
> just really cool :)
>
> After that, I would look into compiling without optimization.
>
> Also, what exactly happens on the systems? Do they hard lock? Do you
> have an oops?
>
> Robert Love

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:13    [W:0.081 / U:0.120 seconds]