SubjectRe: Using %cr2 to reference "current"
Alan Cox wrote:

> > somehow encouraged by the compiler comparisions between gcc and intel's
> > free compiler, which use the register passing for anything local
> > to the actual code, where the speed gains are up to 20% im currently
>
> I was under the impression intels compiler was profoundly non-free ?
>
> > quite inclined to do the redo and finish the experiment.
> > BTW.> It's not just asm fixpus that have to be done for this
> > to work. For example all the c files with -fno-omit-frame-pointer
>
> 20% is a nice large number

I just wanted to note that I got already the wohle fixup until
the stage where the first schedule() occures during the kernel
initialization... printk and so on all seem to work nicely ;-).
Well the where some errors which had to be fixed until this.
For example the decompress_kernel function should have the
attribute asmlinkage and boot/compressed/misc.c should not export
enything else.

Further debugging will occur this evening...

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:13    [W:0.113 / U:0.508 seconds]