SubjectRe: Yet another design for /proc. Or actually /kernel.
On 7 Nov 2001 19:09:35 GMT
spamtrap@use.reply-to (Erik Hensema) wrote:

> Here's my go at a new design for /proc. I designed it from a userland
> point of view and tried not to drown myself into details.

> - Multiple values per file when needed
> A file is a two dimensional array: it has lines and every line
> can consist of multiple fields.
> A good example of this is the current /proc/mounts.
> This can be parsed very easily in all languages.
> No need for single-value files, that's oversimplification.

No, it deals nicely with any possible values in the file. And without headers,
how do I know what's what? And how do I update one value.

Meanwhile, there's far too much talk, far too little code. Will post new patch
next week.

Rusty.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:12    [W:0.058 / U:5.896 seconds]