SubjectRe: ext3 vs resiserfs vs xfs
On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 12:15:12PM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> Anton Altaparmakov wrote:

> > > notice
> > >
> > >That sounds like you used your own kernel with it and had ext2 mounting
> > >the root fs (remember its back compatible)
> >
> > Yes, that makes a lot of sense. After the reset I went into my own kernel
> > with both ext2 and ext3 compiled into it. However, before the reboot, I was
> > still in the RH kernel (99% sure it was so, but my memory might be
> > deceiving me).
> >
> > Is there any Right Way(TM) to fix this situation considering I want to have
> > both ext2 and ext3 in my kernels (apart from the obvious of changing the
> > order fs are called during root mount in the kernel)?
> >

> There's a fair bit of material on this at
>
> http://www.uow.edu.au/~andrewm/linux/ext3/ext3-usage.html
>
> executive summary:
>
> - use latest util-linux and e2fsprogs
> - Make the root fs have fstype `ext3' in /etc/fstab
> - Make the others `auto'
> - Alternatively, use "ext3,ext2" in fstab.

I have a switch "data=journal" that ext2 will choke on when I boot into an
ext2 only kernel.

Is there another way to change the journaling mode besides modifying
/etc/fstab?

It'd be nice if it could be a compile time switch for default journal mode...

Mike

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:12    [W:0.101 / U:0.124 seconds]