SubjectRe: Using %cr2 to reference "current"
Martin Dalecki wrote:
> And then there is the overloaded struct inde. It would be worth
> quite a bit of memmory to not overlay the private,filesystem
> specific parts but to attach them by a pointer instead, in esp.
> if you make this in a way where the private part would be used
> without the public interface in drivers.

I think there are plans for several filesystems to use the generic_ip
and generic_sbp members of the unions, instead of further adding to the
unions.

FreeVxFS is an example of one such filesystem which already does this.

--
Jeff Garzik | Only so many songs can be sung
Building 1024 | with two lips, two lungs, and one tongue.