SubjectRe: Special Kernel Modification Results
Date
Followup to:  <1004926188.3be5f4ec7e622@mail.outstep.com>
By author: lonnie@outstep.com
In newsgroup: linux.dev.kernel

> It is nice that in Linux a person can easily set permissions to
> prevent someone from entering a particular directory, but for the
> special projects when you want to somehow confine them to their HOME
> directory then the standard permissions are somewhat illsuited for
> the task.
>
> There is always the problem of being able to see the binaries from
> the users directories if you were to lock them in.
>
> In any case, I am thinking that a combination of chroot and
> hard-links might do the trick.

Either that, or chroot and vfsbinds (mount --bind), which might
actually serve you better (no one-filesystem limit.)

-hpa

http://www.zytor.com/~hpa/puzzle.txt <amsp@zytor.com>