SubjectWho sees "IRQ routing conflict" in dmesg?
Who has a line
IRQ routing conflict for 01:23.4, have irq 5, want irq 6
in his dmesg dump?

If you find that line, please send me the relevant lines from the dmesg
dump, lspci -vx and cat /proc/interrupts. And obviously: does everything
work.

Thanks,
Manfred

Background:
Linux always uses the interrupts choosen by the bios. The bios stores
the irq number in PCI_INTERRUPT_LINE, and configures the irq router
accordingly.
If both do not match, then the above message is printed.
Right now the kernel uses the value from PCI_INTERRUPT_LINE, and ignores
the irq router.
That doesn't work with some vaio's, but before submitting that change to
Linus I want to verify that this won't break other setups.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:12    [W:0.023 / U:0.244 seconds]