SubjectRe: PROPOSAL: dot-proc interface [was: /proc stuff]
Date
On Sunday 04 November 2001 19:59, you wrote:
> The idea is that if the userland application does it's parsing wrong, it
> should either not compile at all, or abort loudly at run-time, instead of
> getting bad values "sometimes".

All the XML parser interfaces that I have seen so far allow you to do things
that will cause the code to fail when you do stupid things or are not
prepared that there may appear unknown elements. Or you use a DTD, and then
your code is guaranteed to fail after a change, which may be even worse.

One-value-files are a noticable exception, you must be VERY stupid if your
code breaks because of an additional file.

bye...

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:12    [W:0.141 / U:0.144 seconds]