    SubjectRe: Coding style - a non-issue
    Larry McVoy <> writes:

    >> Al, -><- close to setting up a Linux Kernel Hall of Shame - one with names of
    >> wankers (both individual and coprorat ones) responsible, their code and
    >> commentary on said code...

    >Please, please, please, I'm begging you, please do this. It's the only way
    >people learn quickly. Being nice is great, but nothing works faster than
    >a cold shower of public humiliation :-)

    Cool. I can really see it. "foo inc." releases a GPL driver for Linux
    and gets publically humiliated in the "linux source code hall of
    shame". Perfect. I can hear the laughter from Redmond over here (and
    it is 12000km away).

    Press release:

    "If you support Linux, you may get flamed and humiliated in public for
    doing so. Don't do it."

    Grow up. There is more to life than coding style that is not "Al Viro
    compatible (TM)".

    Sigh, sometimes, sometimes, I _really_ understand the BSD folks when
    they call the Linux community "a bunch of unkempt nerds that need to
    get a life". If they only would use sane init scripts. ;-)

    Dipl.-Inf. (Univ.) Henning P. Schmiedehausen -- Geschaeftsfuehrer
    INTERMETA - Gesellschaft fuer Mehrwertdienste mbH

    Am Schwabachgrund 22 Fon.: 09131 / 50654-0
    D-91054 Buckenhof Fax.: 09131 / 50654-20

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:18    [W:0.021 / U:20.684 seconds]