SubjectRe: Compile fixes for 2.5.1-pre4
Jens Axboe wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 30 2001, Gertjan van Wingerde wrote:
>
>>>Note that there is no straight conversion between before having a 1-1
>>>mapping between a buffer_head and a data element and now potentially a
>>>1-n mapping with bio. If you are just remapping, no problem.
>>>
>>>So I'd rather not take these patches unless you've looked into why it
>>>_does_ (or maybe does not) work. I'll make note to review them soon, ok?
>>>

>>Okay. BTW I'm currently setting up my machine to run some tests on this
>>code (I'll have to find some current version of raidtools first :-(.
>>

> Excellent, thanks for doing this. We definitely need more people
> starting to pick up the pieces.

Jens,

I've tested the linear and RAID-0 code in my own environment. The code
survived some basic tests (starting, reading/writing, etc.) and some
heavy-duty read-write tests.

Based on these tests I'd say that the patches are fine.

--
MvG,

Gertjan

Gertjan van Wingerde
Geessinkweg 177
7544 TX Enschede
The Netherlands
E-mail: gwingerde@home.nl

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:13    [W:0.042 / U:5.196 seconds]