    SubjectRe: Patch to update scsi_debug.c
    Pete Zaitcev <> wrote:

    > I would like to have scsi_debug with a variable number
    > of hosts. Patch is attached. Does anyone object to the
    > demise of scsi_debug.h?

    <snipped patch/>

    Maybe you may like to consider this effort. Apart from allowing
    extra hosts (hundreds of them via boot/module option) it is
    like a RAM disk. The default RAM allocation is 8 MB which
    can be overridden by a boot/module option. You can
    run fdisk on it, make a fs, mount it, etc.

    It runs properly on SMP (Eric's didn't) and supports a
    reasonable number of SCSI commands including READ_16 and
    WRITE_16. I used the latter 2 commands to test (via sg)
    that the recently added 16 byte CDBs worked.

    BTW I kept scsi_debug.h as most other SCSI adapter drivers
    have .h and .c components.

    Doug Gilbert

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:13    [W:0.026 / U:5.788 seconds]