SubjectRe: CVS / Bug Tracking System
Jens Müller wrote:

> What are the reasons that Linux isn't kept in an CVS repository?

Linus -is- CVS, cvs with a brain. :)

A first step is setting up CVS and BK repositories on kernel.org which
contain the patches Linus publishes, something which I'm working on.
After that, we'll see how annoying/useful Linux in a sccs is, and if
Linus is interested in committing directly to them.

Historically Linus and Alan (IMHO rightly so) have ignored CVS because
of its many shortcomings. subversion and BK are promising, though.

--
Jeff Garzik | Only so many songs can be sung
Building 1024 | with two lips, two lungs, and one tongue.